Subject To Change

Subject To Change

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

F-111

After Iraq invaded Kuwait I joined the military. Part of me wanted to help, part of me was bored. Being mechanically inclined and not wanting to get shot at, I joined the Air Force. I did what I could to get as close to the action as possible, but before I got through training the war was over. I put in to go overseas and ended up producing engines for Desert Shield. I was a jet engine mechanic on F-111s at that time. Here are some pictures I took from while I was there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





Photobucket 



 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. The Aardvark still is one of my favorites, great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Nothing like working on a POS to make you appreciate modern technology.

      Delete
    2. Ya gotta love the classics, I used to work with an old senior chief who worked on F 4's, he said the were more aerodynamic if they flew backwards....

      Delete
    3. We called them flying bricks. If the engines stalled it had the glide ratio of a brick.

      Delete